Glossier The Core Lip Collection review

 

I wanted a new lip product that would hydrate my lips and add a sheen of colour that was the  'my lips but better' kinda vibe. 

Let me tell you, I researched HARD. 

Glossier, Burts Bees, NARS, Dior, Charlotte Tilbury etc. etc.

I was going on holiday in September & could imagine using a lovely new lip product around the pool, nipping to the shops or while sunbathing. Something subtle but something that added enough colour.



I quickly found myself torn between the Glossier Berry balmdotcom and the Sheer Matte Lipstick. I wanted a balm to keep my lips moisturised & achieve that luscious berry colour but also loved the idea of the sheer lick of colour that is 'my lips but better'. 

I then found a bundle on Glossier's website with both products in, plus a clear Lip gloss! 

That was my sign...

 ... I actually needed them ALL! 

So I bought them and this is my little review:


Sheer Lipstick in the shade 'Like'

I really love this lipstick. It was exactly what I was after.

 It gives you a sheer colour but not too sheer. 

It simply enhances your lips. 

You can add more layers to build the colour up. 



Berry balmdotcom

This shiny 'Berry' colour you see below is the balmdotcom. It's honestly the nicest berry colour.

Not to mention the smell being super dreamy! It smells amazing! 

The consistency of the balm is perfect for me. It's not thick but not too thin either. 

It lasts a good amount of time, just as you'd expect a lip balm to last. 

It makes my lips feel super hydrated and luscious. 

It isn't sticky and you get a lovely amount of colour that enhances your lips but is much stronger than the sheer.



Lip Gloss

I don't think I really own many lipglosses and that's saying something as my makeup collection is out of hand. I'm not sure they really suit my face and I'm not keen on the stickiness they usually give. 

This lip gloss is different

It is not sticky at all. It has a really nice moisturising feeling to it. I believe it has jojoba oil in it, which is why this feels so nourishing. 

It gives off a real lovely shine without it looking or feeling sticky. 

It's also nice that the lipgloss tube is quite small so it's easier to keep on you. I took mine to the pool quite often as it was super small to fit into my small bag.



Overall, if you're thinking of buying any of these lip products from Glossier, you should go for it for sure!
If I didn't cover something or you have any questions, leave them below. 

There are a few shades to choose from for the balm & lipstick. I totally recommend the Berry & Like ones. <3


Hol xx


Follow me:
INSTAGRAM | @holliedeexo
YOUTUBE | Hollie Dee
TWITTER | @hollie_dee


Post a Comment

0 Comments