CHANEL Rouge Coco Flash Lipstick Easy 116 | Light pink sheer lipstick | Review

 


I have wanted a CHANEL Coco Rouge Flash lipstick for a long time. I spent what felt like an equally long time researching them and not necessarily finding enough imagery of the lighter shades of lipstick on people.

 In the end I made a slightly educated & random guess, took a risk and ordered one I thought would hopefully be ok for my skin tone. 

In direct sunlight through a window


The one I ordered was the shade 'Easy 116'. From research, I believe it may be one of a few new shades added to the collection. It's a lovely lighter pinky mauve with a subtle tint of gold flakes. Gold flaking is something I usually steer away from but in this lipstick, they just add more depth to it rather than adding a sickly shimmer.

The colour is buildable for sure. You can create a very sheer finish, building it up to a bolder & glossier finish. When I say glossy, I mean glossy too. I love both and it's nice to have those 2 options in one. 

I have a very fair, lighter skin tone so a lot of pinky, orangey red shades can wash me out and that's something I of course wanted to avoid.

I was wanting something that felt like 'my lips but better'; something that was a nice wash of colour with a nice pigment. I wanted something like this to take on holiday to Portugal with me to put on around the pool or at night time and I can confirm, I believe this lipstick and this shade I chose was perfect! 


I really love the creamy consistency of this lipstick. It feels like a lip balm, not a lipstick which I have to say I prefer. It feels super nourishing and gives my lips just the right amount of colour! I think I got it quite spot on with the 'my lips but better thing', what do you think?

I have to be honest and say that it doesn't have a mega amount of staying power, but I didn't expect it to either. In my opinion, you can't really have a balmy, glossy lipstick and expect it to stay on too long. It isn't really a problem as you can just reapply no problem, applying another layer to your lips as when it comes off your lips, it does come off evenly. 


Chanel rouge coco flash lipstick easy 116, sheet light pink
Out of direct sunlight


Here is a little video of me quickly applying the CHANEL COCO Flash lipstick. You then get an idea of my lips before applying and you can see how easy it glides on. Hopefully the quality isn't too bad. The video is fine but I think it may be compressing when inserted into the blog.






Hopefully this helps you if you are considering buying too! 

Have you tried them before? What is your favourite lipstick?

Love Hol xx


Follow me:
INSTAGRAM | @holliedeexo
YOUTUBE | Hollie Dee
TWITTER | @hollie_dee

Post a Comment

0 Comments