Lounge underwear | Do they come up small? | Are they worth it? | Size 12

Lounge underwear first impressions

Are lounge underwear worth it


Let's talk 'Lounge' underwear. 

You know, the high end underwear brand taking over your Instagram ads and sponsoring all those YouTube videos?

I have to admit, they got me. I saw them so much I couldn't stop thinking about them.

Those videos made me want sexy underwear too! Not to mention comfy & cool looking lounge wear! 

So here's my story:

I started researching and researching; 'umming' & 'ahhing' over whether I should spend a lot of money on just one nice underwear set. Wondering whether I should treat myself or whether I treat myself far too much these days when I really should be adding that money to our house savings! 

I questioned whether Lounge underwear was genuine, whether the good things the content creators were saying about them was true, whether the sizing came up small and which set to buy. 

All of these questions going through my mind. I simply COULD. NOT. DECIDE. 

As I researched, the thing I found the most difficult to find were full pictures of underwear sets ON. I get it. Most of the sets are see through and 'over sharing' comes to mind. Some things should be kept private right? 

However - if i'd have found a full photo of a 'normal'/non model person wearing a set, then it would have made my decisions much easier! 

So that's where I come in. I'm hoping that by biting the bullet, buying one underwear set and a jumper, I can share my opinion to help anyone else in my situation as I'm sure there are plenty of people out there wanting answers to the same questions I had. 

So what made me bite the bullet?

National underwear day. I received an email from Lounge advertising an 'up to 40% off' sale. The best news for my soul, not so good for my bank balance.

I thought 'this is it, this is the time I simply have to find out for myself!'. 

Being really honest, I think this is one of those things where you have to research as much as you can, make a calculated decision on sizing, hope for the best, order and try it for yourself. 

Can you return Lounge underwear?

Another question I had. Yes you can. I believe that there is a cost for you to return your order (p&p cost), but I can't be 100% on that. However, it's still great knowing you are able to return underwear. Of course items need to have tags and no marks etc on. 

What clothes size am I?

In case you missed it in the title of this post, I am a size 12. Sometimes borderline 14 depending on where I shop and what type of clothes I buy, but mainly i'd say a 'bigger size 12'. 

Size mediums usually fit me fine and comfy. 

What did I order?

For years now I have wanted the classic Calvin Klein set. You know the one. I always promised that I'd treat myself to it after losing weight. In my head I just couldn't wear it unless I was more confident in myself. However after seeing Lounge advertisements, I felt this was a much more grown up version of the CC set. It just feels luxurious and less mass than CC which is something that drew me to Lounge. 

I really couldn't choose between the all black Triangle Bra & Thong and the red Balcony bra & thong. I added everything I wanted to my basket but even in the sale it came to over £200!! 😱 It included shorts, jogging bottoms, both bra sets and a jumper. 

I took a while to whittle my basket value down as let's face it, I don't have that kind of money to spend when I hadn't tried anything from the brand before. I knew I had to be fast because of the sale, people would whip them up like hot cakes as they are very popular! 

So in the end as i'd wanted this style for so long and it felt safer, I went for the Triangle set. 

I also couldn't resist the Teddy jumper in Oatmeal Cream! They also have matching jogging bottoms omg but I didn't buy those 😔 

Click to view the Triangle bra set > 

Click to view the Teddy jumper >

Lounge underwear triangle bra set size large

What size did I go for?

I judged my chosen size from from YouTube videos. I decided I would go for the 'Large' in both the triangle set and the jumper. 

The models on the website are so unhelpful when it comes to choosing your size - we get to that later. Although in the last few weeks they have finally added a more diverse range of models which is great! 

The one person I found most relatable when researching was Georgia May. She is a size 10-12 but mainly goes for size 12s. I don't have a flat stomach like Georgia, but I know I've bought the same things in the same size as her before and they fit. I'm just a little bigger.

In her video, Georgia went for a medium in tops and large in bottoms and I thought that was my best guide. 

Lounge have a sizing quiz on their website where it's meant to tell you from your measurements and current bras what size you are. It's a great tool but unfortunately this didn't work for me because as I explain below, my back size is large and my boobs are small. I kept getting a '?' on my bra size and a 'L' for the bottoms. 

The brilliant thing is that you can choose your bra size separate to your bottom size. For example, I could have chosen a M in the bra and a L in the bottoms. How good is that?! When everyone has different body shapes and sizes, this is a winner in my book. 

Just look at this teddy jumper! You can almost feel it right? It's super soft I love it so much. 

Lounge underwear teddy jumper size large

Lounge underwear teddy jumper size large

How long did they take to deliver?

I placed my order on 5th August and received it on the 10th! Not bad at all! Very impressed with delivery timing. 

What would make shopping Lounge easier?

I have a real bee in my bonnet about the models they use on their website. The majority of women showcasing their range are thin, gorgeous models. However, since placing my order I have noticed they have finally added a range of real women on their website and Instagram. Women with stretch marks, bigger bellies & women of different races which is amazing 

On each product, they have images of 2 models. Most of the time there is a C cup model and also a DD cup so you can see what the set would look like depending on what you're personally closest too. I am a B cup, just putting it out there. Sometimes a C. Again, it depends where I shop. I can tell you now - I know we are all different, but those C cup women on the website, are nothing like my C cup. I wish! This makes it impossible to know what size to get in the fancy bras as the women they say are a c cup look much bigger in my opinion. This is another reason I went for the set where I had to choose from XS to XL. 

What is my opinion? Do they fit nicely? Did I make the right decision? Are they worth it?

I changed my photo to black and white as me & Andy agreed it's nicer to keep some things private 😏 we're just those people. It really does change the tone (no pun intended) of the picture by saturating the colour. I still hope this helps you out! 

Those supermodels have nothing on me 💁 😂 #illkeepdreaming  

Lounge underwear triangle bra set size large

Ok, the part you've all been waiting for. 
 
The answer to all of those questions is YES.
 
Giving my opinion only from the 2 things I bought, you wouldn't regret buying from Lounge underwear. 

Thankfully, they fit great. I do wonder whether the mediums would have been ok & I think they would have been!

I have a big back size thanks to my big ribs (38), so I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to adjust the bra. I wondered if i'd get it over my head even, but when it came and I tried it on, my worries melted away. Having a big back size and small boobs is a real issue! I worried I would come out of the bra as it seemed to be quite far apart in the middle but it's the same as a bralet. They fit fine but you might have to readjust from time to time. 

The band around your back is so comfy too! Just the right amount of support for me. 

The thong is VERY comfy, just like the bra. I think I could have sized down, but it's nice to have a good amount of coverage to feel comfy and look good. 

The underwear material is nice and thick. The quality is really lovely. 

The jumper is SOMETHING ELSE! It's the comfiest and softest thing ever. I am really into cropped jumpers at the mo. I think it's nice to lounge in them wearing over a bralet. 

I chose a large in the jumper. I pondered between medium and large for so long and although the band is meant to keep it fairly tight fitted, I didn't want to have to squeeze into it or it be too tight. The size I chose I think is perfect! 


Lounge underwear teddy jumper size large

                       Lounge underwear teddy jumper size large

So that's my Lounge underwear story. 

I hope it answers some of your questions and helps you decide if you are anything like me! 

It is very expensive but it's a lovely treat, either for yourself or your loved one. 

Talk with me in the comments to let me know if you have any questions or if you're in the same boat I was in! You can always go over to my Instagram to chat @holliedeexo 

 
(not affiliate, just helpful)




Follow me:
INSTAGRAM | @holliedeexo
YOUTUBE | Hollie Dee
TWITTER | @hollie_dee



Post a Comment

1 Comments