Coronavirus 2020 | A moment in history, plus songs I've been loving during lockdown


So, where do I start? 

I was so ready to get back into the swing of blogging again as this blog really makes my heart happy. 

Then 2020 happened?!

Coronavirus has put me off posting for a while for a number of reasons. 

I didn't feel I could continue blogging without mentioning this moment; but I haven't wanted to because let's be honest - it's been s**t! It's been heavy on the heart lets just say that. 

Having said that, I do want to post to document this moment in history. As even though it's been a total joke and it's horrific seeing the daily death counts, it's been a fight to get food from the supermarket and some of us fear leaving the house, we are living through a moment that you would never believe unless you lived through it. Up until now, everything just felt too raw to post about it. As it stands today, devastatingly there have been 46,706 deaths in the UK alone. 

I've always used this blog as a memory box as well as a space for sharing my opinions to help other people. So I am documenting the time when Covid-19 happened. 

I could go on forever about this but I just want to start by saying my heart goes out to everyone who's been affected by Coronavirus in any way. Whether that's having a family member or friend sadly lose their life, whether you have anxiety about leaving the house of wearing a mask or whether you have lost your job due to lockdown. I just don't  have the words. 

Like most others, it makes me appreciate life even more than I ever did before and I always have appreciated the small things in life so that's saying something. I think it's bought us together as human beings and taught people to be aware of their feelings. Everyone is now aware of how important it is to keep your mental health in check! 

It's made me think about how I didn't make the most of the weekends or save up to go on holidays or little mini breaks like I should. It's a different feeling when you don't go away by choice vs. not being able to travel. 

For my future self - during the coronavirus we have been in lockdown where we've been unable to travel, unable to see family & friends which has quite frankly felt like a very bad dream. 

We were allowed out for a daily walk (once a day to start with) and you were allowed to continue to go work if you were classed as a 'key worker' (postal workers, supermarket staff, doctors, nurses etc.), some people have been furloughed and others like myself have had to work from home.

I'm in a lucky position where I am able to work easily from home - although it's a new situation as we don't normally so it has been hard to get used to it. Andy & my sister work in a supermarket so they've been working through lockdown. My mums been furloughed but had to look after my grandad as my mamma (grandma) has been having a total nightmare in hospital for the whole time (not going there!). Andy mums a nurse so she's been on the front line too and we're all now having to wear face masks in shops to act as a hopeful barrier of passing the virus on if we had it as we may not even know! I have narrow sinuses so struggle to breathe at the best of times, plus a mask steams your glasses up :/ nightmare. I'm still nervous about catching it as I fear I will suffocate, however I know that gradually, we must try to get back to some sort of normal.

One thing I've really loved about being in lockdown is the fact that Andy has really enjoyed walking. Before he wouldn't want to walk anywhere! I am SO grateful to be living with him, my mum & sister as I couldn't have coped (not that I have), without them and with all the other things going on. 

Music soothes the soul 

I thought I'd share a list of songs that i'm REALLY enjoying at the minute so you can discover oldies but goldies or something you haven't heard before that you must listen to. For moments of time, they help me through this time & I'm hoping they will help you too!

Some have a good old 90s alternative vibe, some are super calming and my all time favourites and some are fun and upbeat. Have a listen and let me know what you think..

Mestia | Somewhere Else | Calming 

Mesita are a real hidden gem. My ultimate favourite. I feel like I'm the only person who knows who Mesita are, which is just not true but they aren't well known for some crazy reason. I don't like to talk about them often so I keep their songs as my own secret haven; but now seems a good time to share.

My fave songs are 'Somewhere else'. 'Here for you', 'Out for Blood', 'Living Breathing' & 'Lone Wolf'. I NEVER get bored of them & they can always chill me out. 


The Smiths | How Soon Is Now | Indie Rock / Alternative

I've always known this song but only recently discovered what it was! Where have I been? It just takes me back to the 90s in 'the good days' where things felt less heavy. This song has so much depth it makes me so happy and sad at the same time. 


Soundgarden | Black Hole Sun | Indie Rock / Alternative

A song Andy introduced me to which is a similar vibe to The Smiths with a sound of Nirvana who are just the ultimate sound. If you like this genre of music & haven't heard this song -  promise me you won't wait any longer! 


Tommy Newport |  My Woman | Alternative Indie but upbeat, chilled & cool

I discovered this song after watching Casey Neistats drone video on YouTube. It has such a cool & relaxed vibe.


SAINt JHN | Roses | Dance / Electric

This came from my TikTok addiction - there, I admitted it :P 
It's a song I never get bored of and always gets me dancing. 

 
Rudimental ft. John Newman | Not Giving In | Drum 'n' Bass

I bloody love this song! A total mood-lifter that brings out my inner raver. It's a classic song that I don't tire from listening to. A song rarely makes me forget about all my problems but this magically does that (just for a moment). When I listen to it, it takes me back in time and makes me visualise happiness. 


James Hersey | Coming over | Dance / Electric

This isn't your obvious dance song as that's not my vibe, it's just a chilled but upbeat song with bass. I discovered this on someones YouTube video once and I was hooked straight away.  


DEVO | Whip it 

This song makes me feel HAPPY. It gives off a good vibe and will make you want to boogie. You won't be able to get it out of your head though :P 


Milky Chance | Sweet Sun | Pop (with an alternative vibe)

I LOVE Milky Chance so much. Their songs emit happy & relaxed vibes and I'm here for it. This is one song of many that I love. Their songs in particular remind me of a holiday I went on with my best friend before we found our now boyfriends and it was so freeing and chilled we had a blast. It was just a lovely time to remember. I love it when songs make you think of a memory.


So that's it. That's where we are. 

I hope you add these songs to your playlists as they are so good! I hope you stay safe and try and get through this tough time the best you can.

Now I've got Coronavirus off my chest in the form of a blog post, I will continue to post as normal again and re-start my lovely blogging hobby <3

I will be sharing my favourite foundation, my first LOUNGE underwear impressions & much more so stay tuned! 

Much love & stay safe xx












Post a Comment

0 Comments