I am ENGAGED!! | Best surprise ever | News




 Oh .. my .. goodness! 
On Thursday 7th November, this happened! Andy proposed to me, giving me the happiest shock of my life. I'm still in shock and it's a week later. I will be sitting here on my cloud 9 for at least 6 months and forever.



When I 1st met Andy, he never wanted to get married to anyone full stop, but I've obviously changed his mind over the years as I'm so amaze 💁
I never ever thought I would find an actual boyfriend as i'm weird and extremely picky, never mind find my soul mate and end up engaged!

Getting engaged is definitely something I want to post about so I can look back on this memory, so please bear with the soppy post! 

We are the same 💖

From our very 1st long conversation I knew Andy was different, but I wasn't sure he was real as he'd uploaded the same picture 5 times on his profile, our conversation was normal and funny, he claimed to live 5 minutes away from me, still lived with his parents, claimed to go to the school next to mine, worked in a shop I always shopped in, loved cats, gaming and cars & said he was 1/2 Scottish... If that wasn't me in a male nothing was. I had suspicions, especially when he told me he didn't have Facebook and hardly posted on Instagram.. but something told me to trust him.

I never let anyone in. I struggle to trust people but my heart opened up to him straight away. We feel like we have been together for much longer than 2 1/2 years in the best way! We have had our fair amount of life struggles during this time - life has been far from easy, but with each other we feel like we can get through anything.


How did Andy propose? 

Andy often talks out loud about marriage and I found myself telling him ''If you ever did propose to me in the year never, you know it HAS to be a surprise don't you?! You can't just walk around muttering questions about getting married''

Never in a million years did I think he would actually ask me! 

Andy text me on Thursday around 3pm to ask if I wanted to go out for dinner at a restaurant we love. I had sinus issues and my face was in a lot of pain so I said I'd decide within the hour. I felt a little better and fancied going out so I told him to book it. 

The evening felt very relaxed and there were a few funny moments too! Andy wasn't nervous at all - probably because he knew I'd definitely answer with a yes! I still would have expected him to have been nervous though if he was ever going to propose. 

We ate our starters which were yum, then Andy told me he had a present for me. Told me to close my eyes and hold out my hands. He placed something in my hands and told me to open my eyes. 
 I asked him 'what's this?', to which he replied 'open it'. 

I opened it and saw an amazing, super sparkly ring. 
As I opened the box, Andy told me I was 'the one' and that he wanted us to be together forever and couldn't live without me <3 He wanted to make more of a cemented commitment. 

Then said the magic words 'Will you marry me?'

My response?... 
''Are you serious???!'' (lol) with a huge smile on my face and tears in my eyes.
Taken aback is an understatement. I then realised that if he was joking then I wouldn't be holding a beautiful ring in my hands! I still couldn't take it in and the whole moment felt like time had stopped and it was only us two in the whole world! 
As I was in so much shock, he had to ask me again... to which I replied..
YES! Oh my god! 


It's safe to say, neither of us could eat our meal after that. I couldn't eat for the 2 days that followed as I was actually so excited and in too much shock. 

Andy wanted to chose a fairly random day to really surprise me and didn't want to do anything too major or planned as he knows things could all go wrong and I could have potentially suspected something if he wasn't himself one day. It was the Thursday before our 2 1/2 year anniversary and he wanted me to have the best Friday in work so I could tell all of my friends and have a super happy end to my week.

So - that is that. Our simple little engagement story that I know in years to come I will be so happy to look back on this written memory. 


Andy is my soul mate and I can't believe I am lucky enough to call him my other half. 
He completes me. 

When you know, you know <3




Follow me:
TWITTER | @hollie_dee
INSTAGRAM | @holliedeexo
YOUTUBE | Search 'Hollie Dee' 

Post a Comment

0 Comments