My new hair!!

Hey everyone!

I thought I'd post a quick update on my hair! I had my hair done last week & I am absolutely in love with it so I wanted to share it with you :)

I have posted pics on Twitter & Instagram but I thought 'why not share it on my blog?!'. It didn't really occur to me to post this on here because it's just new hair and I've already shared pictures on social media. Butttt - I then thought this is something I'd be really interested in if I was reading a blog, so I'm sharing it with you :)





I hope you like it, I am so glad I did it! I've had dip dyed/ombred hair before but a while ago when it was shorter and I had a fringe back then so it looked a lot different. The blonde soon went orangey because the bleach was put on top of brown so it didn't last long before.

In case you're interested, I didn't take a picture in to the hairdressers, I just explained what I wanted. I said I wanted a dip dye, the blonde going from half way up my ear, no straight lines and dark brown on top. I love my hairdresser, she always listens to what I want and takes her time over it.

I asked for a chocolatey brown on top and as blonde as they could get on the bottom. They basically had foils, took sections of my hair all the way around, one section at a time - put blonde dye on the bottom, folded the foil to cover the blonde and then put brown on the rest, folding the foil in again. By doing this all the way around, it means I have no harsh lines and it really looks amazing!

Because the blonde is further up, it isn't really a dip dye, nor is it really an ombre - it's kind of in-between in case you were wanting to ask for the same thing. I've had a few people say they want this done to their hair, so feel free to take my pic to your hairdressers if you like and want the same. I found it hard to get a picture of exactly what I wanted so if this helps you, take it :)

The blonde is lighter on one side because my previous hair colour was blonde underneath on a slant going from under my fringe to the other side of the bottom on my head below my ear if that makes sense. So on half of my hair, the bleach went on top of bleach, but on the other, it was on top of brown. I think it looks good this way though!

& of course, I had it curled! I have wanted to curl my hair for so so long but I've had short hair for so many years it simply wouldn't look right. The image sticks in my head when I was about 14 and wanted curly hair constantly but back then it was tight curls because it was fashionable! So since then, I haven't curled my hair. Now I have long hair (and love it, might I add!), my hairdresser asked last time if I wanted it curled. I said yes thinking it was going to make me look like a chubby doll. But I was pleasantly surprised when I liked it. So this time when she asked if I wanted it curled I said yes and it looked even nicer than before because of the length and colour! So this is my new fave hair style! I curled it myself after the first time she asked for a wedding and I was amazed it looked really good! I never thought it would suit me or i'd be able to curl it myself but it does and I did! Yay!

I know this was wordy, even though I said it was a quick update! *tuts* I just get very excited when I love my hair! & I want to share little details with you :)


Post a Comment

0 Comments