Jawbone UP24 Fitness Tracking Band

My top new years resolution (as the rest of the worlds) is to loose weight by eating healthy and moving more.


On Black Friday, me & my friend were browsing websites when we came across the Jawbone UP24 band. We quickly started to convince ourselves we needed to have one and quickly became super excited to receive our purchase.

What is Jawbone?:
If you haven't heard of Jawbone before, they basically produce different fitness bands or wearable technology fitness tracking devices that monitor things such as your step count. They had amazing discounts during Black Friday so it was an easier decision to buy. Full price they are a tad expensive so before I tried it for myself, I'm not sure if I would have actually purchased one. However, I now have one and if you are in that dilemma of 'should I, shouldn't I?', or are generally wondering what the fuss is about then hopefully this will help.

Why choose Jawbone UP24:
Apart from it being on offer, we chose the UP24 as it tracks your sleep which I thought was interesting. It can gently vibrate to wake you up, acting as your alarm. It tracks your steps and you can log your exercise and food so you can keep a track of your diet all in one place. There are other things on the market similar such as Fitbit but as I'm not used to having things such as watches etc on my wrist, I thought this would feel nicer than a thicker band. I also find something about the design really pleasing :)

App:
It has technology/wires inside so you can't bend it much to get it on and off but it's still easy to put on. 
This technology coincides with an App. So you just download the App, create an account, sync your band with your App & you're on your way. 

Slight negative but easily resolved:
You do need to keep your Bluetooth on on your phone in order for the band to sync to your App. That can have a negative affect on your phone battery, but you just need to remember to keep your phone charger close by!

The App is so easy to use too. You have the option of viewing your own info. or your friends too.

The only downside is that when you search for your food and you're British, I've found it hard to find the food we eat here as it's an American brand. However, it also syncs with MyFitnessPal! & a load of other Apps! I find everything I eat on that so it solves that problem. I log my food in MFP and it puts that information on my UP24 App.

Preview of my App:



Charge:
The band is super easy to charge! It takes about an hour and it's charged for 7 days at a time! You just take the end off, plug it into the usb lead which is a nice short thick lead, & plug it in your computer. It's so easy! The App will tell you how many days battery life remain.



Couch Potato:
I am a massive couch potato - I don't do any exercise and I sit on my bum watching TV or working at my desk 24/7. I needed motivating.

So - basically, the band is not essential but my main wish for my UP24 band was for it to motivate me!

Has it motivated me? YES! Oh my goodness, I couldn't recommend it enough. 

Sync with your friends:
As me and my friend bought our bands at the same time, we were there for each other to motivate each other. You can sync them so you can see your friends information as well as your own. You can use this in a competitive way or just be there to congratulate your friend doing well which is what we do :) It's just a nice positive boost.

You can set the band to vibrate when you have been sitting for too long. So after your preferred time, it will vibrate then you know you have been sitting for too long and you need to get moving. 
Does it force me to get up and move? Of course not, but it massively makes you think about your movement and encourages you to move more.

We are now going on lunch time walks to get our steps up and I'm generally more aware to take walks during the day. When it gets a tiny bit warmer and lighter in the UK, I will also go on a walk around my local park after work.

Sleep Mode:
So it also tracks your sleep. When you want it to go into sleep mode (when you go to bed), you just press and hold one of the ends down. You just press it again to go back to day mode when you wake up. There is a hidden light that will tell you if it's in day or night mode once you press the end once.
It will then tell you how long it took you to fall to sleep, how much light Vs. heavy sleep you had, how many times you woke up and how long you were asleep that night. 

Weight:
You can log your weight but only you can see that even if you are linked with friends. You can view it in a chart as well. 

Goals:
You can set goals for weight loss, sleep hours & step count. It also has challenges every so often based on your activity to encourage you to push yourself such as how many glasses of water you aim to drink each day.

Tips:
It has tips and information snippets which change daily to keep you motivated. 

Exercise:
You can log your exercise too! The type of activity, how long and what whether it was light, moderate or hard.

Leave Messages on your friends progress

Colours:
& they come in a range of colours! I have seen Black, Orange, Pink & Red. I chose orange as I love orange and it's nice and bright for motivation and summer. My friend chose black to go with more outfits.

Sizes:
It comes in 3 sizes - Small, Medium & Large. I bought the large as I believe I have big wrists. However, I could definitely have bought the medium as the large is quite big. It's quite good though because I think as it's bigger, I don't feel or notice it as much on my wrist. It isn't uncomfy to wear to say I'm not really used to wearing anything on my wrists such as watches. 
If you aren't sure which size you need, there are measurements on the product page. The packaging is also very handy as the plastic comes up and acts as a size guide (see picture).






















I know that was a lot to read but if you are interested then hopefully it helped you decide if it's for you. 
I'd 100% recommend it and I know my friends are loving theirs too!

I have covered everything I can think of but if you have questions - just leave them below, Tweet or email me :)

Thanks for reading! 


Post a Comment

0 Comments