Birthday Week! Meals & Manchester!!


So… you have probably not noticed that it was my birthday on the 11th June!! :D 
Twenty Threee!

For the first time for my birthday, I booked a week off work. I feel like I've been off a month! 


I had planned to catch up with my best friends, chill out a little and end it all with a trip to Manchester with my workies! 
This is quite a picture and word heavy post but it's your choice if you choose to read this. If you do…thank you <3

I started the week off visiting my bestest at her house. We chilled & enjoyed each others company then went to the pub for dinner with her cute little boy Ryan =) 
I don't see Claire as much as I'd like to but even if we don't see each other for a long time we know were still best friends and nothing is awkward between us because we're so comfortable around each other. I guess that's what growing up together does to you! Especially now she has moved closer and I drive :D It's much easier to keep in touch.

On the Thursday, I didn't do a lot. I pondered around and all of a sudden the time whizzed by and I headed out the door to meet my workies for dinner in town. 
We went to the Pelican Club in Nottingham. Not sure if anyones been but it was quite cool. A nice little Jazz bar <3 
They had changed their menu since we looked online though so instead of spaghetti bolognese, I had the only thing that seemed to make sense which was grilled chicken on a bed of salad with slices of orange. It was quite nice and refreshing but it was £12.50! 

Anyway when I arrived my friends had decorated my seat with a banner & sprinkles <3
They gave me my presents and card which you'll see a little later in my pictures. Then at the end of the meal the waitress came out with a birthday cake for meeee. I felt very special.

My card wasn't just any birthday card…it was a crazy cat lady card! Made up of cats - how cool! I love it! I think I might frame it.



On the friday I just went food shopping with the mother - as you do and went out with my friend who I'd not seen for about a year for a meal at TGI Fridays! I was really looking forward to finally meeting up with her. As we both work now we don't get much time where were both free - it's rubbish. But I feel so much better for seeing her and it's nice to know she's still the same Hannah :)

Saturday I went to town with the mother to pick out my birthday present! We had a lovely shopping trip & chilled out in our usual way - at Debenhams for lunch.

On the Sunday, I just went for a laid back trip to the garden centre with my mum, dad, mamma and grandad before I went to visit another work friend as he's just had a baby girl who is very cute. Although she was so comfy she didn't wake up.

Monday, I had planned to go to Frankie & Bennys with Claire for lunch. We had a really nice time just us 2 relaxing the day away. I LOVE Frankie & Bennys!

Tuesday … passed. I can't remember what happened on Tuesday. Ahhh I sunbathed :D Got a great tan.

Wednesday! My birthday. No longer stuck in the terrible 2s. For some reason I've always wanted to be 23 haha. In the day, my mamma, grandad & sister visited :) Then I ordered myself a Dominos…mmm bbq chicken <3 craved one for ages.

I then chilled an hour or 2 & got ready to go for dinner with my mum and dad. We went to one of our local village pubs and had a jolly time. Then I got a migraine.. of course - had to happen didn't it - can't have a birthday without a migraine can I.
After dinner, we met the rest of the family for drinks at another local village pub & had a real good evening and the weather was fab!

Me, Mum & Dad x


Me & My Sister x
Me & My Chummy x
Here are my presents <3 


Love my jewellery stand. That will sit on top of my jewellery cabinet & look sweet! From mamma & grandad.

I have my Benefit perfume! Yaaay! From mum & dad.

A Macbook Pro cover from paper chase with owls on :) from the workies.

A really shiny pretty heart necklace and earrings set from mum & dad.

A pretty necklace and my meal at  Frankie & Bennys from the bestest! 

…..

 

A Mickey & Minnie pen that write so nice from my workies.

A mug and voucher from Paperchase from my uncle & auntie :D

A beaded bracelet with dusty pink roses from mamma & grandad which I love! 

A Kirstie Allsopp box so I can chuck all of my driving documents in :) from mum & dad.

A card holder for my work pass. It's from the Gorjuss range. Mum & dad.

...


Cute cat socks from Topshop and a cupcake notebook with a cute cupcake pen from my auntie & uncle! 

A cinema voucher from my sister! I really wanted this and to make it better than ever - the Jersey Boys movie is now out and I cannot wait!!! *calm* … *calm*… 

A pad of sticky notes from my workies! I have wanted some of these for a lonnnngg time. 

& finally a note book from mum and dad. It's really nice and thin. Love the picture on it and it matches my pass holder <3

No - not bragging…I was always taught to share. I'm interested in what other people have and do so I just thought I'd share my things too as I love and appreciate them all so much <3

….

 Thursday was my last day off so I spent it making the most of the sun! The morning I was sunbathing with no care in the world. Mid afternoon me & mum went to Dunelm Mill to browse and get her some new curtains and bedding. It was another nice afternoon/day. I bought a really pretty bedroom light and bedside table lamp. They are pretty and moroccan styled. My bedroom light is a sphere of flowers made from coloured glass. When you turn them both on, they project pretty colours all over your room.




I think the big light was around £15 in the sale - normally £30 & my table lamp was £20ish.

I've just noticed they do a table lamp to match my light!! They didn't have that in the Ilkeston store. Although I am very happy with my choices! They make the room so relaxing at night. Dunelm also do a clear version which will give off more light & be more suitable for living rooms etc. They are so pretty. You should check out the range they have online, they have some funky lights. Annoyingly, I can't find the light on their website.

Lamp
Lamp to match ceiling light
Clear version of my light
Clear version of my light in a table lamp

Friday I was back at work, only it wasn't really work as we had a team day out walking around a National Trust park. Oh.. I didn't walk :) I helped prepare the food ready for a barbecue with a few others :) and sunbathed some more! It was lovely. We sat in a field just chilling together.

Saturday was the day we embarked on a trip to Manchester!! I  had only been to Manchester a year ago  when me & Gem went to see Robbie Williams. At first it was quite shocking and busy but I had still wanted to go back.

This time with my workies… to celebrate my birthday! We wanted to book an apartment as there were 5 of us so we didn't have to split up in hotel rooms. In the end we went for The Light ApartHotel, so there is reception, service etc but your own apartment rather than just a hotel room. I have to say that it had made the trip even better! Check in was so easy and quick & the room was really nice, exactly what we were hoping for. I'd definitely recommend.

If anyone would like any more information on the apart hotel, feel free to ask :)

Entrance


Our View of Piccadilly Gardens from our balcony in our apartment 


My workies <3




Alice bought me an amazing cookie from Millies. Such a nice suprise!



The biggest onion ring you've ever seen

BBQ place we went to for dinner. Pulled pork, salad and giant onion rings! mm mm!



& that's basically it! Just thought I'd share my birthday week with you all :)

Hope you enjoyed it.

Hollie xx

Post a Comment

0 Comments