Maybelline Dream Blender makeup sponge

I have had this on my beauty table for a few weeks now but for some reason I haven't tried it before now. I think it might be because I love my makeup brushes so much so why bother trying something else if im happy with what I use. But.. I gave in and thought to myself 'am I just going to let it sit there forever?!' - I most certainly am not! 
After all, it could be better than my makeup brushes. 

So I finally gave it a whirl last weekend. I thought I'd test it out by putting foundation on with this on one side of my face, and on the other side, use a makeup brush that I'd normally use. So... On the not so attractive picture of my face below - I'm going to get you to tell me which side you think I've used my normal makeup brush on, and which side you think I've used this Maybelline Dream Blender 👍🏻


I used the same foundation on both sides to make it fair. 

Can you tell which sides which?: 


My opinion:

I really quite like that this blender is on a stick. To be honest, I didn't think it would make much difference vs. a blender that doesn't have a handle, but it's quite nice to know your not getting your hands dirty and I feel like it applies more pressure than you expect. 
Even though the sponge is hard, it's also very soft. It feels really smooth. 

I don't know if it's because this was the first time I used it, but I do feel like the sponge absorbs quite a lot of your foundation, rather than it staying on your face. I think the more I use it, the less this will happen though. 

It blends so well that you don't really notice it blending in.

The angle of the sponge makes it easy to apply around your nose etc. 

Overall, I'd definitely use this again. Just when I have a bit more time on my hands because I found I had to build layers of foundation up and it wasn't quite as quick as a brush. 

Have you tried it yet? What do you think? 
Let me know - comment below!


Follow me:
TWITTER | @hollie_dee
INSTAGRAM | @holliedeexo
YOUTUBE | Search 'Hollie Dee' 
Google+ | Search 'Hollie Dee'

Post a Comment

0 Comments