Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation Review

So… Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation! The foundation I spent months wondering whether to buy or not. The foundation that took so much of my time up researching and reading reviews trying to find the impossible answer to my question.

My question(s)??…

"Will this foundation cover my acne without caking, drying my skin or melting off?  & will it apply well?"




Why is that impossible? Because every persons skin is different! I read so many mixed reviews. Some people did find it cakey, some said it had medium coverage while others reckoned it was full. 

For nearly £30, it wasn't a decision I would take lightly - especially after buying 'Laura Mercier Silk Creme foundation' a few weeks before which I knew I already loved. I just couldn't help but want to try probably the most talked about foundation among us. The sleekness of the bottle had me wanting to find out more.

After researching for ages, I realised - the only way I would make up my mind if I liked it would be if I actually bought it for myself. After all, the reviewers who said it was cakey, they failed to mention if they had dry skin or if they thought they were using too much. The people who said it was full coverage - did they say they had acne? No. Maybe they had perfect skin and that is why they had full coverage. 

So after popping into Boots & being colour matched, turns out my shade is '2N1 Desert Beige'. Any one who is wondering, in a 'non premium' world - my shade is Ivory. 

Of course, suffering with acne, I think I'll always be conscious of getting colour matched at a counter. The girls make up are usually pristine and makes me all self conscious. BUT, you have to think the counter girls are professionals. They have better things to talk about at the end of their day than your bad skin. At the end of the day, I'm potentially about to buy their product (although don't feel you have too of course!). If you want a sample or to try it, ask them if they will help you - that's what they are there for. 

I did make a YouTube video so you can see for yourself someone with acne applying it! I hope if you're interested you might take the time to watch it and see for yourself if you are in a similar position to what I was. I just tied the video into a full make up routine. 




The only point where it looked a tiny bit cakey closer up on my video was after I applied the Mac Powder - & that wasn't the foundations fault! Powder close up always gives that effect. 

Anyway - here is my opinion:

  • This is a lovely foundation, very sophisticated and has an expensive feel to it as the glass bottle/packaging is swish! 
  • It makes you feel special when you wear it.
  • The coverage for my type of acne i'd say is at the bottom end of high, but buildable.
  • If you require more coverage, it is buildable without caking up. I'd recommend using Vichys Dermablend Concealer underneath and coverage would be high.
  • It's thinner than I thought. After people used the word 'cakey', I'd expected it to be much much thicker! 
  • It blends in VERY well and easy.
  • If you're going to buy it, definitely get colour matched! Who knew there were so many random colours. They aren't your average 'Ivory' & 'Beige' etc. I would never have chose 'Desert Beige' if I bought it on my own opinion. 
  • If you don't have acne - you should love this foundation even more. 

I hope you found this useful! I know my friend had the same dilemma and she doesn't have acne so hopefully it's at least helped one of you! 

Let me know if you have it and like it. Let me know if you're thinking about buying it :)




Post a Comment

0 Comments