Tanya Burr Nail Polish - Little Duck

First - I have to start off by stating how lovely it is to see Tanya bring out her own collection of nail polishes and lip glosses. I can only dream of doing such a thing!

I couldn't wait to try her range - specifically the nail polishes. So after contemplating on which colour to buy, I finally made a decision after narrowing it down to 'Little Duck' & 'Bright and Early', I went for Little Duck. I'm quite annoyed I didn't just get both! But I wanted to try it first.

The bottles are so cute! Nice & neat and swish.

The colour is so amazing! It looks the same on, as it does in the bottle (some polishes come out different to how it looks in the bottle). It's so glossy and glides on your nails. I found it really easy to go on and it dried in - I'd probably say a little faster than the average amount of time.

It took no time at all to apply and perfect as it didn't need touching up. It does have a little 'gloopyness' to it though which can sometimes be a mare, but it was actually ok. It's just enough that if you need to go over it to patch it up etc, it just moulds back into place which is nice.


The bottle is a nice shape, but the lid is a little too square for me to be honest. I found it a little awkward to hold but maybe that's a personal preference. It definitely wouldn't put me off buying them again. 
I like polish lids to start to screw back on before the lid kind of 'closes down'; so you can wack the wand back in, twist it a little & then zoom it around to secure it. Now this is being picky, but you have to put the lid on a lot before it starts to screw on. That's just a little thing I like to see in nail polishes but again, personal preference and wouldn't put me off. 

I have only used it twice and look at my bottle :( I usually keep them neat when painting my nails and I didn't cause this myself... for some reason the top of the bottle has dried up so it scrapes when I screw it back on. I don't know why this happens because it isn't like there is a lot of polish in the lid. Although , again - not enough to put me off - I'll just clean it off when I need to. 


The first time I tried it - I applied one coat as I ran out of time. I left it for what happened to be a week! It flew by so fast. This picture is my one coat after a week and look! - it's still going strong! 
Also - I much prefer nail polish that wears off from the cuticles rather than chipping away :) Obviously I didn't do a thick coat on my index finger! It goes on nice and thick if you want it to be.


Overall, I'm so glad I tried them and will definitely buy some more. I will buy Bright and Early for sure, just in time for summer. I want to buy 'Mischief Managed' just because of the name <3 but we'll see. If you're wondering whether to buy them, stop wondering...

I hope her range continues to be successful as she seems to be such a lovely person & they are so nice!

Let me know what you think and if or which you have tried?

Hol xx

Post a Comment

0 Comments