Freshly Polished! : )


Sometimes...I have the urge to buy a load of make up. (As you may be aware!)
 
Well, last weekend when the mother & I went shopping to Nottingham, we popped into Boots to satisfy my craving to buy any make up that I fancied buying which included some spring coloured nail polish. I was looking for a yellow & light bluey green colour as I was feeling rather spring-like!

 
Models Own Scented Nail Polish - Apple Pie & Banana Split
  I came across these Models Own Scented Nail Polishes! & Instantly picked up the yellow one, saw they had the exact duck egg blue with a hint of green colour I was looking for & then noticed they were on an offer of 'Buy One, Get a 2nd Half Price'! Bonus ;)

So ... I bought them both!
They are scented, so the blue is called 'Apple Pie' & the yellow is 'Banana Split' <3
Remember Gel Pens? Of course you do!
Well..on the lid of the polishes, they have a 'scratch & sniff' < : / sticker where you obviously scratch the lid & you can smell the scent of how the polish will smell once dried on your nails - Simple!
I loved the smell of gel pens at school :) & these smell so much like them!
 
 
It has really even & bold coverage. It dried quite fast so you have to be quick when applying it.
Be patient with the first coat, as it looks quite uneven etc as most nail varnish does, but just let it dry & apply another coat. 
Models Own Scented Nail Polish - Apple Pie (2 coats)
I haven't yet tried the yellow but I am dying to! I will just have to wait until I take this off.
I think I'll like it even more than the blue.
 
I also bought the L'Oreal Top Coat Confettis nail polish. I have wanted this since a friend wore it & it looked amazing on her nails! 

L'Oreal Top Coat Confettis

 
Usually with any 'bitty' top coats such as glitter for example, when you paint your nails with it, you find most of the formula is clear so you have to 'gloop' it on to make sure you get enough glitter on your nail - which can affect the neat and smoothness of the coloured polish underneath.
 
But - I have to tell you (in case you haven't yet tried it of course!) That you can paint this on and you get such a good coverage coated on your nails.
 
I find with this, in my opinion less is more - all you need is 1-2 quick coats and its covered enough to make your nails look pretty but not overdone that the coloured varnish underneath starts to disappear from putting too much top coat on :)
 

Models Own Apple Pie with L'Oreal Confettis Top Coat
 
 
What do you think? Have you tried any of these nail polishes yet?
 
Let me know what you think :D I feel much more confident with nice nails ;)
 
Toodles x


Post a Comment

0 Comments