There's always something...

Helloo!
 
A rambly post to let you know why I haven't posted for ageeess! :( Boo-hoo!
 
If you read my post at New Year, you may have noticed I suffer from Migraines (proper ones ;))
I had 10 in 3 weeks before/around Christmas & my doctor once told me that they slow your body down by 1/3 every time you have one. Well - for someone who doesn't have an ounce of energy anyway, you can imagine how zombiefied I constantly feel ha.
 
From Christmas Eve to April, I have had another 16 migraines! Yes, Sixteen.
 
I have had migraines (majorly bad headaches, feeling sick, sensitivity to light and sounds, blurred vision which is a nightmare to explain to people who don't have these types of migraines without sounding like an alien.. etc etc) for ever. The cause differs from person to person as you'd expect, but there is no cure to date. I have so many that I just live through them as you have to.
 
Since 2010, my eyes have been so so sore I could hardly open them and my migraines have been so much more frequent it's pretty scary. My eye sight has always been 'perfect' according to my optician, and it wasn't until I started to notice family members picking up on the details in every day life that I started to question "Well how come you can see that, yet your eyes have always been worse than mine and I can't work it out!" <- That comment was to my mum. Then when my dad and I went to Noel Gallaghers concert, he was pointing out the guitars on the stage from very far away! I couldn't even see any guitars on the stage!
My sister then had been prescribed glasses after she suffered from headaches whilst driving. So as you do (which you aren't supposed to but I'm glad I did), I tried her glasses on for a few seconds.. and that's when I noticed I could see detail in every bit of the wallpaper right down our living room!!
 
I was amazed how bad my sight had got all of a sudden and I'd hardly noticed! So...off I went to Specsavers :)
And I have to say how amazing the service was there! I felt totally at home and the optician listened to my rambly answers to his questions around why I had decided to get my eyes tested/any problems etc. I was actually dreading him not believing how bad they had got in the last year as I hadn't noticed myself.
 
It's like when you put weight on...one minute your skinny & all of a sudden you wake up and your not!
 
But thankfully, he really listened and was so so patient with my explanations.
 My massive sigh of relief was when he told me I needed glasses :)
Hurraahh!
Honestly - I could have hugged him.
 
As I work on a computer all day for hours, it's really affected my eyes in a way which you don't really realise. I mean, obviously staring at a screen day and night whether it's work or pleasure - you know that's not good for the health of your eyes and along with the TV, it's so so important to take a break!
 
If you haven't wore glasses before, you don't know what you're comparing your sight to if you know what I mean. When they ask if you can see the letters, you might be able to see them, but not pin sharp. As soon as they are not quite as focused and sharp as you'd expect or have seen before - let your optician know exactly what you see. 
 
Although I have had my glasses since January and still had all them migraines, at least my eyes are a lot less strained! I can go back to my doctor and tell them that I have been to the opticians and the back of my eyes are healthy (thankfully) so that rules out a bit of explanation  as to why I have so many migraines.
If you suffer from them and see your doctor, they should ask if you've had your eyes tested recently.
 
Along with silly migraines, we have been super busy at work! It's always so so busy but seriously - when you think you can't possibly get busier..& it happens no matter how effectively you organise your time!
Every weekend when I've been like "ok, i'm definitely not doing anything - something comes up that I can't refuse".
 
So you can imagine when I had spare time without feeling un-well, working and catching up with friends, I have just taken a mini break from the extra things that take brain power and suck your time up.
 
Anyway - very rambly so sorry about that. The more I haven't blogged in the new year, the worse I've felt, as I finally start a blog after a lifetime of wanting to - yet I haven't had the time or health to update it with my room full of products!
 
I still have my bad cold that's been brewing for the last few weeks and sore throat, can't really breathe etc. but finally I have my blog-power back!
 
I literally feel like life is now in HD when my glasses are on and I feel cross-eyed when I take them off! 

This is the only picture I could find with my glasses on...early Jan, not much make-up if any at all & with blonde hair which may have changed colour since then :P

My Leopard hat/earmuffs :) <3 Xmas present

 
 
When did you last get your eyes checked?

& how do you feel when you don't update your blog as much as you'd like?
 
Needless to say, I will be updating my blog regular again :D
Thanks for coming!
Hollie x

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Ahh I've been suffering from migraines a lot recently... I need to go check my eyes because I am pretty sure the problem comes from there..

    XO,
    RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete