Hollie's Top "10" Beauty Products


My first beauty related blog post X3

As the title suggests, I decided to write about/share my personal top ten beauty products. You could say products I couldn't live without(or would be utterly miserable if they disappeared). There's maybe a few products you haven't heard of or want to know more about. Hopefully you will enjoy my post :D .....

1. My number one product has to be my Vichy Dermablend Foundation!


Having suffered severely from acne, I am gutted I didn't discover this before now! I have been using this for about a year and it has made me feel so much more confident in my own skin. I have recently ran out (but don't fear - I have another one at the ready! :D) & 1 bottle has lasted me this long, so at £15 it is definitely worth the money. The bottle is 30ml and a little goes a long way. The consistency isn't so thick that you feel 'caked' but just the right thickness to give you great coverage whilst at the same time, letting your skin breathe.  

An FYI - I use shade '15 Opal' - which is the lightest shade. I am usually porcelain or Ivory to give you a guide. I did try '25 Nude' which is the next shade up but a fair bit darker.

Here is a pic of my tattoo half covered with Vichy foundation. (Before and after) If I let each layer fully dry before applying the next, kept layering up - you eventually wouldn't be able to see it. So if your lucky enough to be getting married soon but aren't so keen on showing your tattoos on your pictures, try this out....


I love to use this most days BECAUSE it gives great coverage. However, I do like to use it less to save my *POW* moment for special occasions. Once you use it, no other foundation seems good enough! It is known as 'camouflage' make up because it's uses include covering up tattoos, scars and birthmarks etc.

I think this product is becoming more popular, but I believe it isn't greatly popular like your average foundations. Maybe because it sits under 'skin care' not 'make up'. If I havent quite convinced you - you should YouTube 'Zombie boy' - that should do the trick ; ) He uses dermablend make up well...I will let you find out.
If I..or zombie boy have convinced you to buy & try, I would love to know what you think! I hope it becomes your secret saviour :)

P.s. Vichy also do a 'concealer' which I believe is twice the pigmentation of the foundation!

You can buy the foundation from a few places if you google it. The most popular 'drugstore' to sell it is Boots. You can buy online at www.Boots.com

2. To apply my foundation - I need a good foundation brush right?! 
    My choice - No7 foundation brush.

I have been using this a while (as you can tell from the colour of the brush) and it has stayed usable and very soft. The shape gets in every groove and it blends super well!

3. My Tesco Clear Skin Exfoliating Wipes!

These are so good! As soon as I stop using them, my skin breaks out. I'm not sure if your meant to, but I do take my make up off with them and use another to cleanse and exfoliate after washing my face. I have to feel like I'm actually making an impact when washing/cleansing/using make up wipes on my face, so with these wipes being exfoliating wipes, they are made up of a raised, rough area - they definitely have that box ticked.


4. Miss Sporty So Clear Concealer.

Miss Sporty is a brand that I believe most 'post-teens' dismiss. However, I love their products! They are very affordable, and best of all - they truly work! The product that stands out for me most is their concealer! It covers completely but blends in perfectly. After sharing this with my friends, they literally instantly bought one. I think it comes in only comes in 2 shades. I have fair skin so they are perfect for me. All I can say is, at £1.99, give it a try and if you don't agree - it was worth the try!


5. Balmi Lip Balm

This is actually a new product, but since trying it - I have gone Balmi for it! Some of you will be familiar with the EOS Lip Balm from America. I have read that people don't really like the product...but it does actually sound quite different to Balmi. Instead of your usual stick or tin lip balm, this is a sphere shape. You unclick the lid by giving it a twist to reveal the balm in a dome like shape. With the shape being so unique, at first you question if it's too big/round to cover all of your lips (and may feel a little silly applying it for the first time) but you soon get used to it! The more I use it, the most moisturising it became! I have Coconut and Mint. The coconut smells gorgeous! It is absolutely lovely and is so nourishing. The mint gives you a tingling sensation which some people aren't keen on, but I quite like it. They are £4.99 and as far as I can see, are also only sold at www.boots.com and are currently on a 3 for 2 offer.

They are available in Mint, Strawberry, Raspberry and Coconut.

Coconut -


6. 17 Liquid Eye Liner

This is just my top liquid liner! It lasts a very long time, is jet black, glides on and has a very controllable applicator. It's more of a thin paint brush than a thick felt tip, which makes it much easier to apply. I find it stays on all day and the colour also lasts all day. I guess theres not much else to say about this one - but if your on a hunt for a perfect (in my eyes) liner, look no further!



7. My Favourite Perfume! Calvin Klein - Euphoria

This scent is to die for X3 *Swoon*! I use it on special occasions and the odd time on random days at work etc and sometimes when I miss the smell!

I can hardly describe the scent, it just takes you to a scent heaven every time you smell it! It's quite strong, so it lasts a long time and you can buy it in a gift set with a body lotion which is gorgeous! It's classic, sweet but not too much, it screams 'mysterious' & I think would appeal to most ages! If you find it too strong, I believe they do a 'Blossom' version which smells watered down but is also lovely.

You can buy this from www.theperfumeshop.com, www.cheapsmells.com, www.boots.com, www.superdrug.com and quite a few more places you'd expect to find perfume.

8. My final (yes final) product is my Max Factor Smoky Eye Effect Eyeshadow.

I have heard mixed reviews on this one, but I really like it! It's has quite a crayon consistency but I believe applies and stays on very well. I love the colour combinations and if your in a rush or taking your time, it will always give you a great finish!

Swatches for 'Purple Dust'. One colour is a purple/silver and the other is a golden bronze. One end (purple in this case) is rounded, which you use all over your lid & the other, you can highlight the corner of the eye.



So...yes - I have stopped at EIGHT products, even though I outlined I had 10 top beauty products. The products above are my core range and I love each one of them. As far as I can think of, there aren't really any other products I couldn't live without. So I have 2 empty spots which I am sure will soon be filled! I have a few products on the way which I am so excited to receive and try! I'm sure one of them will make this list, but I will leave you guessing for now, as I will do another blog post on that.

If your eyes make it this far, thanks so much for reading and I hope from my personal top '8', it has broadened your choices. And if you have any suggestions for me, leave them in a comment :)

Hol x

*All pictures are my own!

Post a Comment

4 Comments

  1. Some good choices there, Hollie! I love Dermablend. In fact, it was down to yourself and Meena that I bought it!

    Also looking for a liquid eyeliner so going to check that 17 one out.

    Love the sound of that concealer too.

    Been trying to find your Google Friend Connect button so I can follow, but I can't see it anywhere xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren :) I remember telling you about it.. your face was like :/ What's this?! Where can I get it! I only did a few layers, so if you kept going it would disapear. I don't know about a Google Friend Connect button? How do I get one? I did wonder how people could follow my blog. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Hollie

    Thanks for sharing this. I will be trying the Vichy Dermablend, I also suffered from severe acne and will try anything for a good coverage, but that doesn't feel cakey!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani!

    Thanks for reading my blog/post and for leaving a comment. Sorry I haven't been on my blogging game for a few weeks so I hadn't seen it before now :(

    Sorry to hear you also suffered severe acne - but I'm so glad I can recommend this foundation to you, or anyone else who has suffered. Honestly, I'm gutted I didn't discover it whilst my acne was at its worst.

    I hope it works for you - I'm sure it will. You'll have to let me know how you get on with it!

    I will also take a look at your blog soon :)

    Hollie Xx

    ReplyDelete